[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of Oct. 24th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Mon Oct 24 08:21:50 EDT 2016

I has been brought to our attention that students have been using chemicals that belong to either other individuals or groups. Please get permission from the individual or
group before using any chemical that has either an individual or groups name on it. This could be considered theft.

Thank you for your assistance,

Stephen

Safety Officer
Birck Nanotechnology Center

Thin Nitride Deposition Issues
A user reported difficulty in using our 'silicon nitride evaporator' but we're not sure which system is being referenced.  We have nitride sputtering, CVD nitride, and PECVD nitride but these are not evaporators.  We would like to help with these types of issues but we need more details on which system is causing delays in research.  If the person submitting this would like to discuss it please contact Ron or send an email to birckengineering at purdue.edu<mailto:birckengineering at purdue.edu>.  Thanks much.

Flow Injection Analysis Suggestion
A user suggested a good addition to the BioCR would be a Flow Injection Analysis System.  We appreciate these inputs and will put this on our equipment plan and roadmap.

Dear Fellow Scientists,
The 3D Cell Culture Core (3D3C) facility is proposing a first hands-on training workshop for visualization of 3D cell cultures on November 17 and 18, 2016. The workshop will cover some basic techniques for immunolabeling and dye staining and microscope observation of live and fixed 3D cell cultures.  For details on the content, please see below and the flyer attached.
The prerequisite for the workshop is REM biosafety training and blood-borne-pathogen training; sufficient knowledge in basic cell culture techniques is recommended. If you are interested in the workshop, please contact me for information and registration. The workshop is limited to SIX participants.  The deadline for registration is October 28, 2016.

Sincerely,
Tim Kwok
Facility Manager
3D Cell Culture Core (3D3C) Facility