[BNC-all] Science on Tap is this Thursday! "MagicTM Tape, Real Science" -Dr. Babak Ziaie, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Mon May 23 14:43:17 EDT 2016

Hi all,
Science on Tap is this Thursday! We will be hosting Dr. Babak Ziaie, a professor from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering and the Weldon School of Biomedical Engineering at Purdue, to give a talk on "MagicTM Tape, Real Science". I hope you can join us for this exciting talk!

Food will be provided at the event.

When and Where: Thursday, May 26th at 6PM, upstairs at the Lafayette Brewing Company.

Abstract:
Our everyday surrounding materials, if looked at with more than a cursory manner, offer a unique opportunity to delve deeper into some extraordinary scientist phenomena. We take many of these “ordinary stuff” for granted, but they can be magical and a source of endless fascination, if one starts tinkering with them. One such “stuff” is MagicTM Tape used to wrap Christmas and birthday presents. Over the past few years, we have done some kitchen-top experiments with MagicTM Tape and have discovered some intriguing properties that can be used to make inexpensive sensors and tiny robots.

Hope to see you there!

All the best,

The Science on Tap team

---
Upcoming events:

June 2nd: Dr. John Paderi and Dr. Kate Stuart, "Purdue to Symic: We took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference"

--

Science on Tap, Lafayette, IN
www.facebook.com/scienceontaplafayette<http://www.facebook.com/scienceontaplafayette>