[BNC-all] BNC E-new for the week of March 21st

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Mon Mar 21 08:36:03 EDT 2016

Construction of Flex Lab
SEMINAR

Construction of Flex Lab

The Flex Lab will be a new advanced laboratory building located south of (behind) the Birck Nanotechnology Center. It will face Gates Drive, across from the Sun statue and DLRC, occupying the space where two former Married Student Housing buildings currently stand. Those buildings will be demolished and a third building will be used for the construction office. This new building will provide needed laboratory space for the College of Engineering. They will be overseeing the construction in conjunction with PUPF, Jacobs Engineering (designers), and Pepper Construction (contractor).

The new Flex Lab building project will begin on April 4, 2016, with the erection of the construction fence. At that time, the gravel parking lot and the A lot behind the building will close permanently. As the construction progresses, there will be other parking and road closures behind the BNC, but we have made arrangements for all types of deliveries to be made during and after construction.

During the demolition process of the former Married Student Housing buildings (137, 138) it is inevitable that there will be vibration-causing work. We are to be informed of the actual dates and times of this work and will pass it along as we receive it. The impact of these activities is not known, but it must be assumed that we will not be within our current vibration criteria during work periods. The current plan is for demolition to begin April 6, 2016. Pepper Construction has given us a preliminary  plan and will continue to give us updates. We will pass those on to you as we receive new information.

Thank you in advance for your patience during this construction project.

John Weaver

John R. Weaver
Strategic Facilities Officer
Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette IN 47907
(765) 494-5494
jrweaver at purdue.edu<mailto:jrweaver at purdue.edu>
nano.purdue.edu

SEMINAR

Nanoscale Thermal/Thermoelectric Energy Conversion (NT-TEC) Seminar

Speaker: Prof. Tongcang Li

Topic: Nanoscale temperature sensing with diamond nitrogen-vacancy centers