[BNC-all] Birck Nanotechnology Center Hydrogen Supply

Reger, Ronald K rreger at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 27 13:34:47 EDT 2016

Dear all Birck equipment users,

This morning we discovered that the hydrogen generator in the Birck subfab has a defective/broken cooling fan and is therefore inoperable.  A new fan is being ordered but until it arrives and can be installed we are on the back-up hydrogen supply from the tanks located out back near the LN2 system.  No interruption of hydrogen should be seen, but if you have a particularly long process run that requires medium to high flow rates please get with Kenny Schwartz prior to your run so he can make sure we have ample supply for your process.

We hope to have the fan repaired and the generator back online within 1 - 2 weeks.

Thanks for your support.

Birck Engineering