[BNC-all] E-news for the week of July 17th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Mon Jul 18 08:26:57 EDT 2016

Advanced Circuits

The business office has noticed an uptick of requests to use a credit card to make purchases with Advanced Circuits. Advanced Circuits is a vender in Ariba therefore these orders should not be placed on a credit card.

E-Beam Resist

A user asked why we don't stock different e-beam resists, such as ZEP520A.  We have not stocked ZEP due to the expense of purchasing it.  A quart of ZEP520A costs $10,500, and is much more expensive than PMMA A4.  Additional specialty developers, rinses and removers are also required adding to the already high cost.  We encourage the few Zep users to acquire their own supply of the resist.

As for XR1541 6% we typically have this in stock, but it has been depleted and we will get an order started but it may take a few weeks to receive it.  In the meantime there are supplies of XR1541 2% & 4% available in the refrigerator.  Also, it would be a great help to all of us for users to notify the staff when bottles of photoresists and other chemicals are first emptied.  Many times users return empty bottles into storage, even into the back of storage cabinets or hoods, and it is not known to order more.  Notifying us of empty bottles would be greatly appreciated so that supplies can be continuously available.

2nd floor Grad Offices
We will be scrubbing and waxing the 2nd floor graduate student offices on August 17th and 18th.  We will post a sign on your office door as to which day your office will be done.  You MUST move everything up off of the floor that you do not want to get wet and ruined.  We will move your office chairs out to the hallway.  On these days, you will not have access to your office from 5:00AM - 11:45AM.  Thank you for helping us keep Birck beautiful.