[BNC-all] BNC e-news for the week of August 15th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 12 13:35:18 EDT 2016

2nd floor Grad Offices
We will be scrubbing and waxing the 2nd floor graduate student offices on August 17th and 18th.  We will post a sign on your office door as to which day your office will be done.  You MUST move everything up off of the floor that you do not want to get wet and ruined.  We will move your office chairs out to the hallway.  On these days, you will not have access to your office from 5:00AM - 11:45AM.  Thank you for helping us keep Birck beautiful.

Cleanroom Gown Pockets

A user suggested that we consider equipping each cleanroom gown with a pocket suitable for holding/storing cell phones.  This was intended as a convenience item that would enable users to carry their phones in the pockets, leaving both hands free and reducing/eliminating the possibility of phones being left around the cleanroom on tables.  We acknowledge this is a good convenience suggestion but we can't implement it due to the cost to retrofit all the gowns.  However, several companies make cleanroom compatible belts with pockets, and appropriate versions could be used in our cleanroom.  Please contact Ron and/or Steve about any cleanroom belt that you want to personally buy and use at Birck.

Also, please remember to use your smartphones safely in the cleanroom.  We have noticed some users walking in the cleanroom while texting/reading.  Similar to distracted driving this could lead to accidents, so please be safe.