[BNC-all] Nanodays 2015: Thank you!

Peroulis, Dimitrios dperouli at purdue.edu
Sun Jun 7 17:50:58 EDT 2015

Dear all,

This is belated email but I wanted to share some great news of this year's Nanodays. First, I would like to express a big heart-felt thank you to the 100s (literally!) of people who embraced the event and contributed to its great success at a new level. We had over 350 students visit us from public, private, and home-schools over a period of 2 days. In addition, the Girls scout evening attracted 110 GS & chaperone plus many more Birck families.

We keep receiving thank-you notes from many of our visitors and these speak volumes of everyone's contributions. Naming all external sponsors and internal contributing groups to this event would make this email too long. However, they are listed in our new Nanodays website (https://nanohub.org/groups/bnc/nanodays under 2015 Contributors and Sponsors). Please let us know if we need to add any more groups or individuals.

None of this would have been possible without the incredible contributions of the Nanodays 2015 leaders, namely, Dr. Swati Pol and Ms. Jaime Turner. Despite being a new research scientist at Birck, Swati was able to quickly catch up and make this happen. Jaime was an equal contributor and, not only led many aspects of the event, but became a critical link between new people/activities and established practices. Please congratulate them next time you see them, they truly made a difference!

Thank you again everyone!

Best
Dimitri

Dimitrios Peroulis
Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Deputy Director, Birck Nanotechnology Center
Purdue University
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
tel: (765) 494-3491, fax: (765) 494-4731
email: dperouli at purdue.edu<mailto:dperouli at purdue.edu>
http://sites.google.com/site/peroulisteam/