[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of July 13th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Sat Jul 11 11:30:17 EDT 2015

Ariba Training
Citizenship
Lab 2031 Chemical Clean-Out
OSHA/Fire Safety Inspection
VB6

Ariba Requester Training Open for Enrollment

​P2P 200—Creating Requisitions in Ariba is scheduled for Tuesday, July 21, 2015. The session will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., in FREH 248, the training room located on the second floor of Freehafer Hall.
This hands on class will meet in a computer lab. Participants will use a training environment to Create Catalog and Non-Catalog Requisitions, Monitor Requisition Status and learn how to Withdraw or Edit a Requisition.

Staff can ensure a space in the class by following these enrollment steps:
1.     Click P2P 200 – Creating Requisitions in Ariba<https://www.eventreg.purdue.edu/training/CourseListing.asp?master_id=4026&master_version=1&course_area=BSTC&course_number=248&course_subtitle=ILT> to open the training registration site.
2.     Click Add to Cart.
3.     Click Checkout.
4.     Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5.     Verify that the registration information that displays is correct and click Submit.
Citizenship
In this week’s survey it was noted that we still occasionally have citizenship challenges, such as users leaving hoods and equipment in disarray.  The writer was frustrated that some users don’t clean up after their processes are complete or they disregard the work of others nearby.  Please be aware of others’ research around the facility . . . we have over 400 users at Birck and we serve all science and engineering departments at Purdue.  We also have outside users coming to use our facilities, so please let’s be proud of our world-class capabilities and keep them in top-notch condition for all users.

Lab 2031 Chemical Clean-Out

Beginning the week of July 20th we will be cleaning out old chemicals from Lab 2031.  Any chemical over 5 years old will be put aside for 2 weeks, after which they will be disposed of.  If you need any of these chemicals retained please see Ira.

OSHA/Fire Safety Inspection

We will have an OSHA/ fire safety inspection starting Monday (July 13th), please watch and correct the following:
                -Removal of any unlabeled chemicals in labs
                -Removal of any extension cords that do not have an integrated 15A breaker
                -Removal of any boxes/ paper or other materials that could present a fire hazard
                -Remove any equipment, chairs or other items that block exits from the lab
                -Remove any tripping hazards that extend across isle ways

Your assistance is appreciated in this matter,

                Stephen

                Stephen E. Jurss CIH, CSP
                         Safety Officer
Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 W. State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Tx: 765-496-8337
E-mail:  sejurss at purdue.edu<mailto:sejurss at purdue.edu>

VB6
The VB6 has experienced a communication problem between the internal robot and the stage mechanism.  We’ve exhausted all phone support for the issue, and Raith/Vistec has agreed to send service personnel to Birck to resolve the problem.  Bill Rowe is working with the company to schedule the visit, and we anticipate it will occur the week of July 13th.