[BNC-all] BNC e-news for the week of Jan. 26th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 23 14:03:28 EST 2015

3-D Cell Culture Facility
Cleanroom Hoods
Concur
Refrigerator Cleanout
VB-6

3-D Cell Culture Facility
If you walk by BRK 2087 you will notice that the smaller labs within, 2087A and 2087B, are being populated with new equipment.  Each small lab now has a bio-safety hood, two incubators, and a refrigerator-freezer.  This is the new 3-D cell culture facility that is coming on line here at Birck.  The equipment is now being hooked up and Kim McDole, the 3-D Cell Culture manager, is working a plan to get these systems certified and all attendant 3-D supplies and materials in place for bringing up the lab this Spring.

Cleanroom Hoods
It was noted in our survey this week that we have a few different styles of cleanroom hoods.  Some snap in the front, some have elastic around the face opening, some don't have snaps, and there are a couple of different colors available.  All these different versions comply with our particle containment specifications, but they are just different styles.  We will place more emphasis during gowning training to point out the differences in the hoods so that users will be familiar with the various hood styles regardless of which one they select from the bin.

Concur
[cid:image001.png at 01D03715.5B3C8C40]

Refrigerator Cleanout
The refrigerator will be cleaned out Thursday, January 29th in the afternoon. All items unlabeled or appearing to be old will be thrown out.

VB-6
The VB-6 continues to experience a very difficult video problem.  Vistec sent their best field service engineer to solve the problem, and after swapping out 15 different boards the problem still exists.  Vistec is now sending us the entire electronics 'crate' from a known-good machine and the same field service engineer will be here on Monday to replace this entire unit.  Our plan is for this to address the problem and to get the VB-6 up and capable of both alignment and writing next week.