[BNC-all] Notice - Odor in Cleanroom for HEPA Filter Repairs (9/18/14 to 9/22/14)

Voorhis, Mark L. mvoorhis at purdue.edu
Thu Sep 18 07:10:18 EDT 2014

This week we started our cleanroom certification process.  Part of this process involves challenging and testing all the cleanroom HEPA filters for damage or particle leaks.  We found out we had a surprising number of damaged HEPA filters that require patching and retesting.  The process involves using a silicone caulk at the location of the HEPA leak.  The Silicone caulk will generate a vinegar odor in the cleanroom for couple days after the patch is applied and until outgassing stops.  We plan to start patching the HEPA filters Thursday morning at 7AM taking about 2 days to complete.  We hope the vinegar odor in the cleanroom will slowly dissipate over the weekend.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.