[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of December 1st

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 21 12:59:08 EST 2014

Holiday
Seminar
Survey

Holiday
Purdue University is closed Thursday, November 27th and Friday, November 28th in observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday.

Seminar
Fields and Optics Seminar featuring Prof. Allen Garner of Purdue University
Electromagnetic Actuation for Biology
Tuesday, December 2nd in WANG 1004 at 2:00 pm
For more information please visit: https://nanohub.org/groups/bnc/calendar/details/1089

Bindley Bioscience Center Presents Dr. Doraiswami Ramkrishan
H.C. Peffer Distinguished Professor School of Chemical Engineering
Modeling Regulatory Processes in Cells: An Approach Based on Goal - Directedness
Wednesday, December 3rd in MRGN 121

Prof. Matthew Liberatore
Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering, Colorado School of Mines
Shear Thickening of Chemical Mechanical Polishing Slurries
Friday, December 5th in ARMS 1109 at 9:30 am

Survey
Ion Implantation

A user suggested we consider getting an ion implanter to add to our process capability.  We actually had an ion implanter at one time, and it sat near where the Jipelec RTA is now.  Ion implanters are very expensive to install and maintain, and it was decided a number of years ago that it would not be cost effective for us to keep it running.  Birck is not a big CMOS facility so the occasional doping requirements are handled by outside services.  It will probably remain this way for the foreseeable future.

Personal Photoresist Bottles

Please do not use others' photoresist bottles.  We supply small bottles to keep quantities of personal photoresists in with the proper labeling.  It has been brought to our attention that some users are using others' bottles, either pouring out their photoresists or putting additional photoresists into them.  Please read the labels on all photoresist bottles, and if they belong to a Birck user please don't use them or add resist to them.  Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron