[BNC-all] New feedback system at BNC - Cleanroom phase - starts next week

Peroulis, Dimitrios dperouli at purdue.edu
Fri Mar 21 19:52:12 EDT 2014

Dear all,

Our Birck Nanotechnology Center supports a large number of users working in a diverse set of research projects. Our goal is to always keep improving the environment for existing users and support an attractive and collaborative laboratory for new ones. In an effort to accelerate our pace doing these, we are starting for the first time a feedback system with the following three main goals:

1.       Everyone using the facility may provide feedback through a quick anonymous feedback survey.

2.       We will email active users no more than once or twice per month. However, every user may provide feedback at any time by completing a feedback survey on the web (nano.purdue.edu) starting in April.

3.       We will track our performance and address issues on a daily basis and provide reports on a monthly basis.

We are starting with a pilot study with the Cleanroom next week. Every time you access a coral-enabled tool in the cleanroom you will be entered into a pool of users to receive an anonymous feedback survey but will only receive it once or twice per month. The survey will be distributed through Qualtrix (please check your junk email folder the first few times for Qualtrix-generated emails) and your data will remain anonymous unless you choose to identify yourself for further discussion.

Once we test the system with the Cleanroom, we will expand it to all recharge centers at BNC.

We sincerely hope you will spend a couple of minutes filling the survey you may receive. Having an active feedback system is critical in enabling us to provide an outstanding user experience. We are committed to doing this and we thank you for your support in BNC.

I would also like to sincerely thank the following BNC individuals who worked hard several weeks creating and testing this system (alphabetically): Heather Anthrop, Donna Brown, John Coy, and Ron Reger.

Thank you also to SPS for sharing their experience/expertise and to everyone who tested the system and provided feedback and comments in the design and implementation stages.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. We would love to hear from you!

Best
Dimitri

Dimitrios Peroulis
Professor, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Deputy Director, Birck Nanotechnology Center
Purdue University
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
tel: (765) 494-3491, fax: (765) 494-4731
email: dperouli at purdue.edu<mailto:dperouli at purdue.edu>
http://sites.google.com/site/peroulisteam/