[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of 6.23.14

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 20 15:02:12 EDT 2014

Floor Cleaning
NSAC Coffee hour
Parking
Survey Feedback
Tours

Floor Cleaning
New Floor Machine:  The custodial staff has purchased a new riding machine to clean the floors in the hallways and Atrium.  Please be careful opening doors and entering the hallway, and we will watch out for you too.

Thank you,
Miguel Flores
Crew Chief

NSAC Coffee hour

Please join us at 3:30 pm on Friday, June 27th in the atrium for coffee.

Presentation by Ramon Salazar entitled current Transport and Capacitance Aspects on 1D and 2D Tunneling Devices: Fabrication, Characterization and Modeling

Parking
20 parking spaces will be reserved in the west lot for the Duke Energy Center Academy held June 23 - 27th.

Survey Feedback

Equipment Downtime

We are pleased to report that both the Lesker e-beam evaporator and the Panasonic etcher are back online.  The Lesker power supply was repaired at the factory and has been reinstalled and checked out.  The Panasonic was also repaired with a new o-ring set and other components.  Thanks for your patience.

New Working Groups

We are in the beginning stages of forming working groups for some of the major process areas, such as PVD, Thermal, etc.  These working groups will be a team comprised of the engineering staff member(s) within that area and a number of student and/or post-doc users.  The goal of these groups will be to address issues that may be inhibiting equipment uptime, performance, and availability.  Please consider contributing to these groups as they are being formed.

Thanks again for your constructive suggestions.

Ron

Tours
Monday, June 23rd  at 10:15 am - 18 guests
Tuesday, June 24th at 8:30 am - 50 guests
Wednesday, June 25th at 3:00 pm - 3 gueests
Thursday, June 26th at 3:30 pm - 50 guests