[BNC-all] E-news for the week of July 21st

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jul 18 13:55:17 EDT 2014

Electron Microscopy
Seminar
Survey Feedback

Electron Microscopy

Anyone needing analysis from the Birck Electron Microscopy Center should send an email to birckemc at purdue.edu<mailto:birckemc at purdue.edu>.  The research staff members working in the EM Center will respond to your email inquiry and help you get your analysis completed.

Seminar
Pierre-Emmanuel Gallardon Seminar
Friday, July 25th at 10:00 am
Birck 1001
For more information please visit: https://nanohub.org/groups/bnc/calendar/details/1045

Survey Feedback

Equipment Location

We've received feedback that some users would prefer a different location for some equipment, citing that it is inconvenient to bring wafers/devices out of the cleanroom for further processing on equipment in the labs.  When Birck was first brought on-line we made decisions on where each piece of equipment should go, based on usage scenarios, contamination control, and other factors.  For example, the dicing saws were located in the outside labs due to the significant particulate generated when sawing through wafers.  However if there are specific suggestions for relocation of equipment to make processing more convenient, without compromising cleanliness and safety, we would be happy to discuss your ideas.  Please come see me with your suggestions and we certainly will consider any and all ideas.

Internet-Enabled Cleanroom Computers

Recently our internet-enabled computers in the cleanroom have been taken off-line as they are very old, and they were running Windows XP (no longer supported by Microsoft or ECN).  We are now in the process of getting quotes on new computers with Windows 7 that will enable us to again provide computers with internet access in the cleanroom.  This should be completed in just a few weeks.

Kudos for Staff

Thanks for the kind and encouraging words in this week's survey regarding good support from a number of our engineering staff members.  We consider all our users as our 'customers' and it is always nice to get compliments from the customer.

Thanks again for your constructive suggestions.

Ron