[BNC-all] BNC E-news for the week of Nov. 4th

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 1 12:42:06 EDT 2013

Classes
Seminar
Travel

Classes

Principles of Electronic Nanobiosensors
Instructor Muhammad (Ashraf) Alam
Classes are November 7th through December 19th
For more information and registration please visit https://nanohub.org/courses/PEN

Seminar

Tuesday, November 5th
Lovell Leadership Series presents Rodney Vandeveer
Birck 1001 9:00 am - 11:30 am
This will be a live-streamed workshop; all are welcome.
http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/purduetoday/releases/2013/Q4/apsac-to-offer-purdue-professors-live-streamed-leadership-is-an-attitude-talk.html

Dr. Paul Hommert
Tuesday, November 12th at 3:00 pm
MRGN 121
Research and Technologies for National Security: A Perspective from a National Security Laboratory

Dr. Paul Hommert is the director of Sandia National Laboratories and president of Sandia Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation, which operates Sandia for the U.S. Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration.
Dr. Hommert earned a BS degree cum laude in mechanical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and MS and PhD degrees in mechanical engineering from Purdue University. He received an Outstanding Alumnus Award for Professional Excellence in 2003 from Purdue's School of Mechanical Engineering and a Distinguished Engineering Alumni Award in 2010 from Purdue's College of Engineering. In 2013, Dr. Hommert was named Laboratory Director of the Year by the Federal Laboratory Consortium for his support of Sandia's technology transfer activities. The award recognizes federal laboratories and their industry partners for outstanding technology transfer efforts and has become one of the most prestigious honors in technology transfer.

RSVP to: Cindy Ream, Discovery park, Engagement Operations Manager
cream at purdue.edu<mailto:cream at purdue.edu> or (765) 494 -0015

Travel

We are starting to see several trips that are being booked along with their reimbursements in the Concur system so we think most people have been able to attend training.  During the implementation period, we have been processing travel reimbursements with paper form 25's or through Concur, but we will need to migrate completely to Concur by November 22.  This date will coincide pretty closely with the last date that Travel will be able to accept paper form 25's.

Please contact your departmental Business Manager if you have any concerns about any training needs that might exist.  We have staff in the Business Office who are happy to assist you and provide individual training resources as you book a trip or prepare the expenditure report.

Sincerely,
Christy

Christy Haddock
Director of Financial Affairs
Office of the Vice President for Research and Discovery Park
765-494-1642
cjhaddock at purdue.edu<mailto:cjhaddock at purdue.edu>