[BNC-all] BNC e-news

Anthrop, Heather L hanthrop at purdue.edu
Fri Jan 11 12:59:36 EST 2013

Tuesday, January 15th

Introduction to XPS workshop
"What you should know about X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy"
Birck room 2001 begins at 9:00 am
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/nanotechnology/events/view.php?id=1183

Wednesday, January 16th

Introduction to XPS workshop
"What you should know about X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy"
Birck room 2001 begins at 9:00 am
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/nanotechnology/events/view.php?id=1183

All User Meeting*
Lilly Hall room 1-105 at 7:00 pm

Thursday, January 17th

All User Meeting*
Lilly Hall room 1-105 at 7:00 pm

Friday, January 18th

OSA - Purdue Chapter
Birck room 1001 at 11:00 am

Marcello Ferrera Seminar
Advanced Integrated Photonics (Materials and Devices for Applications in Nonlinear Optics)
Birck room 1001 at 12:30 pm

*All facility users must attend of the All User Meetings or laboratory and cleanroom access will be denied.*

Special Notice
Friends,

We are working to recognize engagement efforts on campus through university-level awards.  Please find a call for nominations (attached) for three awards-one at the assistant/associate professor level, one at the full professor level, and a third for a team.  I will be asking a distinguished ad hoc committee to review the nominations and recommend winners.
At this time, I ask for your help in identifying and nominating suitable candidates for these awards.  With your help, we will be able to make these engagement awards into a truly sought-after recognition, on par with our university-level educational and research awards.
I'd be glad to receive any feedback from you on this effort.

Regards,
Suresh Garimella

Thank you,
Heather Anthrop