[BNC-all] BNC Research Review and Open House

Shakouri, Ali shakouri at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 12 04:35:16 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I would like to thank all of our staff, students and faculty who worked very hard to organize an outstanding BNC Research Review on Wednesday. Monica has been focusing on the event in the last 2-3 months with great leadership. Angie, Jaime and all of the secretaries helped arrange the logistics. They worked late on Tuesday and early on Wednesday to make sure everything is ready. John Weaver, Ron Reger and their staff dedicated a lot of their time.

I also would like to thank all of the faculty who did a great job to showcase the high impact research at the Center. It was impressive to see the depth and breadth of our research activities.  I am sure there are many other very interesting projects that we didn’t have the opportunity to cover because of time limit. I look forward to hear from each of our resident and affiliated faculty about their latest achievements and research priorities.

I enjoyed very much the poster session. Our students, postdocs and staff scientists put a lot of time to summarize their research and BNC’s capabilities. I hope this provided the opportunity for various groups to identify new areas for cross-disciplinary collaborations.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or comments on how we could improve the event in future years or any other ideas about the operation of the Birck Center.

Thanks  again,
Ali