[BNC-all] FW: Kapton tape , indium, Gallium

Schwartz, Kenneth F kfschwar at purdue.edu
Thu Nov 10 10:58:38 EST 2011

 Hi to  All ,
  This is a friendly reminder...  NO KAPTON TAPE ,GALLIUM ,OR INDIUM ALLOWED IN THE EVAPORATORS.
       We just cleaned the chamber of the  CHA  and found residues of both Kapton tape and Indium  in the chamber of the CHA. The Indium contaminated the other source materials  and had  they to be replaced .

  Please use pmma or photo resist to adhere your sample to slides,

 We will UPON REQUEST ( contact  Dave Lubelski, Kenny Schwartz, Ron Reger ,or Steve Jurss )allow small amounts of  Kapton tape in the AIRCO ONLY  .

  Please consider  that  this type of  misuse  will not only have an  adverse  effect  on your film quality and research in addition to the other 300 plus users that also depend on everyone following  procedures.
  Thank you all for your continued efforts to move BNC forward !

        Kenny

Kenny Schwartz
PH 765-496-1174
kfschwar at purdue.edu