[BNC-all] Campus High Pressure Steam Reductions for Birck Nanotechnology Center - May 11, 2011

Jeff Goecker jgoecker at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 26 16:57:47 EDT 2011

Sent on behalf of Mark Voorhis:

Purdue Physical Services is issuing a mandatory reduction in campus steam that is scheduled for Wednesday May 11, 2011 from 2:00pm until midnight (10 hours).  With the uncertainty of this work it is unknown what effect, if any, that this will have on Birck Nanotechnology Center.

If the steam pressure drops too low there is a possibility that we could lose ambient temperature and humidity control of the building (temperature to 53°) for office, laboratories, and cleanroom.   The Purdue Utility Department will attempt to prevent this from happening by manually operating the steam valves in the building.  But if this fails to work please plan accordingly to discontinue research activities that are critical to temperature and humidity changes.  Plus plan to wear warm clothing for temperatures reaching 53°.

The May 11, 2011 date was selected because most of the students on campus will have left for the summer which sharply reduces steam demand.

Please let me know if there are any questions or concerns and thank you for your patience with this Physical Service request.

Regards,

Mark Voorhis
Building Manager
Office: (765) 494-3036