[BNC-all] Ordering Gas Cylinders - ACTION REQUIRED

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:53:23 EDT 2010

REMINDER:  It is BNC policy that all gas and pressurized-liquid cylinder orders go through Kenny Schwartz. From this time forward, Kenny will place all gas and pressurized liquid cylinder orders.  Please give him the ordering information, and he will place the order for you.

The purpose of this change is twofold.  First, we are attempting to correct a problem that has developed with excessive inventories of gas cylinders.  Second, this should assist the researchers in obtaining the right cylinders in the right quantities - especially taking into account shelf-life issues.  We have had issues with cylinders passing their expiration date and being returned to the supplier prior to being used - a significant waste of money and resources.

Thank you for your assistance in making the BNC a more efficient place to perform research.

John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager
(765) 494-5494