[BNC-all] Hawk Attacks

Weaver, John R jrweaver at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 5 13:23:26 EDT 2010

There have now been four reported hawk attacks on people walking through the grassy area to the west of the BNC. This is contrary to normal hawk behavior, especially during this time of year.  We have been working with Purdue Pest Control, and they are working with USDA-APHIS Wildlife personnel in an attempt to eliminate this hazard.

Until this situation is rectified, please be aware of the situation and take appropriate precautions.  PUPF suggests carrying an umbrella or like object that would allow you to fight off an attack should one occur. We will keep you apprised of any progress in mitigating this situation.

John

John R. Weaver
Facility Manager
(765) 494-5494