[BNC-all] weekly memo for 07.20.09

Deborah Starewich dstarewi at purdue.edu
Wed Jul 22 14:10:14 EDT 2009

 To ensure you receive your BNC Weekly Memo e-mails,
please add bnc-all at ecn.purdue.edu to your address book.
Current issue is at
http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html [image:
The BNC Monday Memo]   BNC News *week of July 20, 2009 * ANNOUNCEMENTS

*KUDOS: Professor Suresh Garimella* receives the annual Distance Faculty
Award. Each year the Division of Engineering Professional Education
recognizes outstanding contributions of faculty in the distance education
program. The recipient is determined by distance students who nominate
faculty and support those nominations through comments and evaluations.

*Purchasing News: University Stores Catalog to Removed from ePlus on
07/14/09. *Purchasing Services is advising requisitioners that after 5 p.m.
Tuesday, July 14, University Stores’ catalog will no longer be available in
ePlus. In addition, beginning Wednesday, July 15, requisitioners who order
from any of the Purdue University Store rooms must click the “Internal Goods
and Services” in SRM to create a shopping cart.
[More<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html#announcements1>
]

*Main Stairwell CLOSED: *The main stairwell at Birck is getting a facelift.
On Tuesday *July 28th* and Wednesday* July 29th* from *5:00AM - 10:00AM* we
will be closing the main stairwell to refinish. We are sorry for the
inconvenience, but remember that both elevators and both side stairwells
will be open for your use. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

*Housekeeping: *Please be sure that monitors in any of the conference rooms
are turned off after use. The custodial staff has reported that the monitor
in BRK 1290 has been left on over night several times. Help us maintain the
life of our equipment. Thanks for your cooperation.
------------------------------

*TOURS/VISITORS*

*visit nano.purdue.edu
<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/nanotechnology/>and refer to
"Featured Events" for the most up-to-date information
*

*Wednesday, 07.22.09, 3:55PM*: Hank Dunn, Chancellor, Kathy Lee, Vice
Chancellor for Academics, and Tom Darling, Workforce and Economic
Development, Ivy Tech Community College, with TBD.

*Friday, 07.24.09, 1:00-4:30PM: *University of Louisville visitors: Dr.
Kevin Walsh, Director of Micro/Nano Technology Center; Dr. Larry Owsley,
Vice President for Business Affairs; Dr. George Pack, Associate Vice
President for Research, Chair, Department of Chemistry; Dr. Thomas Starr,
Associate Dean for Research for Engineering; Dr. Robert Buchanan, Associate
Dean for Research and Graduate Studies for A&S; Mark Crain, Cleanroom
Manager, Ana Kieswetter, Engineering Research Coordinator. Visit to include
meetings with Dr. Richard Buckius, Tim Sands, and Tim Peoples and will
include tours of Birck and Bindley by Monica Allain and Charles Buck.

------------------------------

*SEMINARS/WORKSHOPS*

*visit nano.purdue.edu
<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/nanotechnology/>and refer to
"Featured Events" for the most up-to-date information
*

Please Save the Date for the 2nd Annual Indiana Clinical & Translational
Sciences Institute Retreat
[More<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html#seminar1>
]

------------------------------

*JOB OPPORTUNITIES*

*Post doctoral position for joint appointment at the Air Force Research
Laboratory (AFRL) for multilayer thin film research
*[More<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html#jobopportunities1>
]

*ATTENION FACULY: *need an undergraduate or graduate student to work in your
lab and have funding? Please contact Monica Allain <mallain at purdue.edu>; she
receives many calls from interested students.

------------------------------

*MISCELLANEOUS*

*Workplace Violence Awareness Workshop*: To Register Now Click This Link:
http://www.itap.purdue.edu/training/registration/?offeringid=3696 or cut and
paste to your browser window.

WHEN: Thursday August 13th 2009 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Purdue University – Lawson Hall of Computer Science (Corner of 3rd &
University Streets) Convenient parking across the street in the University
St. Parking Garage.
WHO: Open to all of Purdue University including Faculty, Staff, and
Students.
COST: Your time. You can’t afford to miss it, so it is FREE.

*SAVE THE DATE: 09.09.09 [DATE CHANGE], IHIF Healthcare Reform Summit*;
University Place Conference Center, IUPUI; 850 W Michigan Street;
Indianapolis, IN 46202. This year we will have limited space and
registrations. We have 1 table left to get an exhibitor. If your department
is interested please let me know immediately. Additional tables will cost
your department $150 (www.ihif.org) I have a pdf file to send for you with
instructions. IHIF space is limited to 30 tables. Also we will have limited
registrations and we are able to pay $25 for any extra people who want to
attend. [More<http://www.purdue.edu/discoverypark/Nanotechnology/mondaymemo.html#seminar1>]

------------------------------

*Submit items for memo of July 27, 2009 by ****12 NOON**** on THURSDAY,
07.24.09, to Deborah Starewich dstarewi at purdue.edu*