[BNC-all] Spring Fest at Discovery Park, ON BEHALF OF DP ENGAGEMENT

Deborah S. Starewich dstarewi at purdue.edu
Wed Mar 26 13:24:54 EDT 2008

This message is being forwarded at the request of Valerie Lawless. Contact
Valerie with any questions, concerns, to volunteer, etc.
[dpengage at purdue.edu]

Greetings,

This will be the first year for Discovery Park to participate in the 10th
annual Spring Fest at Purdue University (most popularly known for ³Bug
Bowl²).

This message is two-fold, with the first encouraging all Discovery Park
faculty and staff to bring their families on Saturday April 12th, 2008 from
10am-4pm to Spring Fest and Discovery Park. We will be hosting a variety of
activities within all four buildings and will offer tours at 11am and 3pm,
beginning in MRGN 121 with the overview video. This is a GREAT opportunity
for your families to see what is you do at Discovery Park and to see the
facilities, while interacting with exciting games and give-aways.

We are encouraging each center to participate in some way for Spring Fest;
whether it is a poster of information about your center/project, or
contributing towards an activity. The excited faces you see and the
conversations that are created is just the beginning of why I am encouraging
everyone to make an effort in being at Spring Fest.

For this year to be successful, I will need everyone¹s help, no matter how
big or small. Several people have already contributed their time and efforts
in preparation for Spring Fest with posters, fliers, games, and suggestions.
Thank you to all of you!!

We really need your help to make this first year one of the best years for
Discovery Park!

Here is how you can help:

Please let me know if you will be able to help in one or more of the
following areas. If you can only stay for an hour, or half hour, all of your
help is appreciated! You also may not have to stay for the entire time ­ it
will depend upon what is accomplished for that segment. Lunch will be
provided for you!

If you qualify for overtime, those hours will be paid, but I will need to
know ahead of time that you will be working and what times.

Saturday April 12th, 2008: 10:00 a.m. ­ 4:00 p.m.

Setup (8:00 a.m. ­ 10:00 a.m.)

-Need 5 volunteers

Faculty and Staff working activities (10:00 a.m. ­ 4:00 p.m.)

-Each center to provide 1-2 people to work a minimum of 1 hour at an
activity of your choice. Please see the attached flier where activities will
be located.

Tour Guides

1 for 11:00 a.m. ­ 12:00 p.m.

1 for 3:00 p.m. ­ 4:00 p.m.

*Show overview video in MRGN 121 and guide folks through all 4 buildings

Extra Support Staff

-Need 4-5 people to stay for the majority of the day and will shift stations

Cleanup (3:30 p.m. ­ 5:30 p.m.)

-Need 4-5 people

As you can see, this will take the work of many hands to make this a success
and I hope to count on you! You can still bring your family as well ­ we
encourage everyone to see what is happening at Discovery Park!

If you would like to help spread the word about Spring Fest to the
community, please let me know and I will provide the fliers for you.

Go Boilers!!

Valerie
Valerie Lawless
Engagement Operations Manager

Purdue University
Discovery Park
Burton D. Morgan, MRGN 120H
1201 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Ph: 765-494-3662
Cell: 765-426-4607
Fax: 765-494-9870
Email: dpengage at purdue.edu

*If you would like to visit Discovery Park, please send a request to
dpengage at purdue.edu <mailto:dpengage at purdue.edu> . Thank You!