[BNC-all] REMINDER: High-pressure steam system work

Deborah S. Starewich dstarewi at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 6 07:48:24 EDT 2008

On Monday and Tuesday, June 9 and 10, 2008, Physical Facilities will be
working on the high-pressure steam system for this portion of campus.  As a
result, the Birck Nanotechnology Center will lose temperature and humidity
control during that period.  It is likely that we will see a 2⁰-3⁰F drop in
temperature and a 5% increase in humidity in the offices, laboratories, and
cleanroom.  Laboratories with fume hoods will feel more impact than those
without hoods.  There will continue to be hot water in the bathrooms during
this period.  Please note that it will take 6-8 hours for the building to
stabilize after steam is turned off on Monday and about the same amount of
time for it to stabilize when the steam is turned back on late Tuesday
afternoon.
Please arrange your schedule to avoid temperature-critical and
humidity-critical (such as positive photolithography) during this period.
Our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause, but it is a campus
shutdown that is out of our control.  Thank you in advance for your patience
and understanding.
John Weaver (jrweaver at purdue.edu) and Mark Voorhis (mvoorhis at purdue.edu) .