[BNC-all] Nanotechnology: the big picture, on behalf of Tim Sands

Starewich, Deborah S. dstarewi at purdue.edu
Sun Nov 18 13:48:22 EST 2007

Dear BNC member:

If you have an interest in the issues that surround nanoscale science and
engineering research (pending regulation, communication with the public;
government initiatives and funding, barriers to commercialization, and
education and workforce development), I hope you can take five minutes to
read the attached report on my recent trip to DC for the event, "Breaking
the Barriers: The BIG Business of Nanotechnology."  Although the issues
discussed at this event may seem peripheral, they are the issues that are
poised to gate, propel and direct our efforts in the relatively short term.

Regards-

Tim

--
Timothy D. Sands
Mary Jo and Robert L. Kirk Director, Birck Nanotechnology Center

Birck Nanotechnology Center
1205 West State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2057
phone: (765) 496-6105