[BNC-all] Lectures on e-beam lithography and the VB6-UHR tool in Birck this evening

Minghao Qi mqi at purdue.edu
Tue Sep 5 11:02:36 EDT 2006

Dear all,

Our multi-million-dollar electron-beam lithography system has finally
passed the acceptance tests and is now commissioned!

Starting from today till Sept. 15th, Vistec engineers will start a
two-week long training session. While the hands-on training is limited
to four people, there are a significant portion of the training that is
lecture style.
Vistec engineers have graciously agreed to have an extra lecture this
evening on the overview of e-beam lithography and on the tool installed
in Birck. I would encourage those of you who are interested in using
e-beam lithography to attend this lecture. For your convenience, I have
attached a pdf version of the lecture notes.

Time: 6:30pm-9pm TODAY!
Location: BRK 2001

The operation of the VB6-UHR tool is quite complicated and we will
probably limit the number of people who can operate the machine at this
moment. However, several aspects of the e-beam lithography, such as
estimating how long the exposure takes, setting up job files and
layouts, are essential to everyone who wants to take advantage of the
e-beam lithography.

Cheers,
Minghao