Enable File and Print Sharing for Non Administrators
HOWTO: Enable File and/or Print Sharing to Non-Administrators
By Joshua T. Hogle
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server
- Windows XP Professional
When a machine is setup using the standard ECN deployment, access to it over the network is, by default, restricted to users in the local Administrators group only. This document describes the procedure for granting network access permissions to other users.
Granting Network Logon Permissions
To grant network access to additional users or groups:
- If you have not already done so, map S: to \\ohare.ecn.purdue.edu\public.
- At a command prompt type: S:\tools\usr\sbin\ntrights -u <user or group> +r SeNetworkLogonRight -m \\<machine> where <user or group> is the group or user you want to grant access to and <machine> is the name of the machine to perform the operation on.
- Repeat step 2 for each user or group you want to grant access to.
|If a user has not changed their password in a long time, it may be necessary to reset it. Old versions of the ACMAINT NT transd did not set the NTLM hash which can cause problems when authenticating with another machine. Changing the password (even to the same thing) should cure this problem.|
Last modified: 2015/09/03 12:32:26.978957 GMT-4 by
Created: 2007/12/06 13:36:54.629000 US/Eastern by adam.m.gallick.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.