ITaP VPN - Manual Setup via L2TP
1. Open Control Panel, Click on Network & File sharing, Find "Set up a new connection or network" & click to open.
2. Find "Connect to a workplace" Hi-Lite & click next, select the bullet - No, create a new connection, click next
3. Choose - "Use my Internet connection (VPN)"
4. Under - "Type the Internet address to connect to", Locate the "Internet Address Box" & "Destination name". Populate these fields as follows:
Internet Address: l2tp.purdue.edu
Destination Name: Purdue VPN
Uncheck the box - "Remember my Credentials" (if the option is offered)
5. Under Network & Sharing Center, find & click on "Change adapter settings"
6. Right click your newly created Purdue VPN & click on Properties
7. Click the Security Tab, change type of VPN to: Layer 2 tunneling Protocol with IPsec
Click on Advanced Settings, select the bullet - Use preshared key for authentication
Key = PurdueVPN
Select the bullet - Allow these protocols
check the box - Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (Chap)
check the box - Microsoft CHAP Version 2 (MS-CHAP v2)
8. Click ok
Your VPN connection should be complete
To Launch your connection, click on your normal wireless signal strength icon & find your Purdue VPN connection and click, you will be prompted to connect & enter your credentials.
Last modified: 2015/03/03 09:16:55.654092 US/Eastern by
Created: 2015/02/24 13:41:31.724600 US/Eastern by sundeep.rao.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.