ASNE Scholarship Program
For more than 30 years, the American Society of Naval Engineers (ASNE) has awarded scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students interested in the field of naval engineering.
ASNE offers scholarships to students in a broad range of studies, including naval architecture, marine engineering, ocean engineering, mechanical engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, aeronautical engineering, electrical engineering, electronic engineering, and other relevant military and civilian professions.
Here are some basic facts about the ASNE Scholarship Program:
- For the 2010-2011 academic year, ASNE will award approximately 20 undergraduate scholarships ($3,000 per year) and graduate scholarships ($4,000 per year).
- Undergraduate students must be in their final year of study. Graduate students can apply for one year of support.
- The deadline to apply for academic year 2010-2011 scholarships is February 12, 2010.
- The selection criteria will be based upon a student's academic record, work history, professional promise, extracurricular activities and recommendations. Financial need may also be considered.
- The application and detailed information about the ASNE Scholarship Program can be found at https://www.navalengineers.org/students/scholarships/Pages/ASNELandingPage.aspx
Questions about the ASNE Scholarship Program should be directed to Maggie O'Brien at (703) 836-6727 or firstname.lastname@example.org