ECE 59500 - Microfabrication Fundamentals
This course is offered during the first five weeks of the semester.
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 1
- EE Elective
- CMPE Special Content Elective
MA 26600 and [PHYS 27200 or PHYS 24100] and CHM 11500
Requisites by Topic:
Differential equations, introductory physics (mechanics, electricity and magnetism), introductory chemistry.
Introduction to principles of microfabrication, including lithography, deposition, etching and planarization. This course provides a framework for understanding processes used in manufacturing of semiconductor devices, integrated circuits, microphotonic and micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) components.
- The Science and Engineering of Microelectronic Fabridation , 2nd Edition , Campbell, S.A. , Oxford University Press
- Fundamentals of Microfabrication , 2nd Edition , Madoum M. , CRC Press
- Micromachined Transducers Source Book , Kovacs, G. , McGraw-Hill, Inc.
- Modular Series on Solid State Devices, Volume V: Introduction to Microelectronic Fabridation , Jaeger, Richard C. , Addison-Wesley Publishing Co. , 1988
|1||Overview of Microfabrication, Process Flow, Lithography|
|2||Lithography, Physical Vapor Deposition, Metal Films/Contacts|
|3||Chemical Vapor Deposition, Etching, Oxidation, and planarization|
|4||Diffusion, Ion Implantation, MEMS processing overview|
|5||Manufacturing and Yield (2 lectures during term will be exam periods)|
This course is graded on homework, reports and exams.