ECE 20700 - Electronic Measurement TechniquesLab Hours: 3 Credits: 1
Normally Offered: Each Fall, Spring, Summer
ECE 20100 [may be taken concurrently]
Experimental exercises in use of laboratory instruments. Voltage, current, impedance, frequency and waveform measurements. Frequency and transient response. Elements of circuit modeling and design.
- A lab manual will be provided for students.
Recommended Text(s): None.
Learning Outcomes:A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated:
- an ability to competently operate basic laboratory equipment. [None]
- an ability to make voltage, current, impedance, transient, and frequency response measurements. 
- an ability to layout, wire and troubleshoot electronic circuits. 
- an ability to design operational amplifier circuits from a set of specifications. [1,2,6]
- an ability to keep a laboratory notebook and prepare a formal laboratory report. 
|Week||Experiment Title or Activity|
|1||Course overview; Intro to Oscilloscope, Ohmeter, Voltmeter|
|2||Simple Op-Amp Circuit; Oscilloscope I|
|3||Op-Amp Equations; Current Measurement|
|7||Linear Scale Ohmmeter|
|8||Scope II: triggering, x-y mode|
|9||Lab practical exam|
|10||Lab practical exam - Formal Technical Report due|
|11||Step response and time constant measurement|
|12||AC bridge circuit|
|13||Frequency response measurements|
|15||Lab practical exam|