Purdue Online MSECE Curriculum Guide
30 credit hours are required to complete the online MSECE.
- Must include 15 credit hours of ECE graduate level courses
- Must include 2 core courses (6 credit hours), including one from your primary area
- Must include 2 math courses (6 credit hours)
- Up to 9 credit hours can be graduate level courses from outside ECE, for example, ME, CS, IE, etc.
Plan of Study
You will create a plan of study (POS) that lists the courses you plan to take and their timing.
Grade & GPA Requirements
- You must complete all courses on your POS with a grade of no less than a C−.
No grades of D or F are allowed on your POS.
- Any plan of study course with a grade of D or F must be repeated. You cannot drop them from your plan POS.
- You must have a POS GPA of 3.0 to successfully complete the MSECE.
- Graduate-level transfer courses are not included in your GPA calculation.
Time to Degree Completion
- Most students will complete the online MSECE in 2-4 years. However, you have up to 6 years to complete your degree.
If you do not enroll in three consecutive semesters (approximately 1 calendar year), you will become inactive and must reapply to Purdue.
- No minimum number of credit hours per semester is required for the online MSECE.
Core Courses: 2 Required
Math Courses: 2 Required
A list of online courses, ECE and other, is available here: https://engineering.purdue.edu/online/courses/school_listings.
Sample plans of study for the online MSECE are available here: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECE/Academics/Online/plan-of-study