Key Program Activities
Following is an abbreviated timeline for key program activities that should be used as a guide to accomplishing critical tasks.
Prior to First Registration
- Visit with three faculty members for advice on possible courses to take in the first semester.
- Come to the ECE Graduate Office (MSEE Building, Room 140) to register.
During First Semester
- Satisfy the English proficiency requirements.
- Select a major professor and an advisory committee.
- Submit a plan of study (prior to registration for second semester).
- Satisfy the EE 694 seminar requirement. If you do not satisfy this requirement in the first semester, do so in the earliest semester possible.
During Final Semester
All Master's Students
- Declare candidacy by completing the candidate survey.
- Review your plan of study to ensure that all degree requirements are met.
Thesis Option Students
- Complete a draft copy of your thesis, utilizing one of the templates provided by the Graduate School.
- Schedule the Final Examination with your major professor, your advisory committee members, and the ECE Graduate Office at least 3 weeks prior to the proposed date of the exam.
- Distribute copies of your thesis to advisory committee members at least two weeks before the Final Examination.
- Complete the Final Examination and Thesis requirements by the deadline set by the Graduate School.