Job Opening for PhD at Lumileds
|Degree Requirement:||PhD, Post Doctorate
Senior Optoelectronics Scientist (#148570)
Apply online at: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/452925702/
Responsible for optical and electrical characterization that directs next-gen AlInGaP LED epitaxy development. Individual will plan and execute experiments in collaboration with MOCVD growers, analyze and present data, and drive continual project progress.
The individual filling this position is expected to work independently, as well as within teams interfacing with other engineers, technicians and/or outside vendors to complete all necessary tasks.
· PhD in physics, optics, electrical engineering, materials science, or similar.
· Experience with III-V materials
· Experience with optical characterization
· Experience with optoelectronic devices
· Strong curiosity and creativity
· Team player
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
Principal Duties / Responsibilities:
· Own deep-dive understanding into device properties based on in-depth understanding of semiconductor device physics and optics.
· Work closely with epitaxial growers to design and analyze experiments to advance epi device performance.
· Hands-on development of new characterization tools and analysis
· Own the root cause analysis of reliability and yield issues throughout development.
· Manage a small group of characterization & fabrication technicians
· Provide guidance to junior engineer for characterization tool maintenance.