Software Engineer Opportunities at Genesys Indianapolis
|Degree Requirement:||BS, MS, PhD
Sr. Software Engineer, Java Platform Services
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for the development of components and services used to deliver mission critical products. They will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given. He/She will work with established and cutting edge technologies like Java, Kafka, Redis, AWS Services, and Memcached among others.
Additionally, they will demonstrate mastery in one or more of these technologies and will be an expert in distributed systems. He/She will be a leader, mentor and role model for their peers and juniors.
*Candidates who are interested in a particular role and feel they have most, but not all, of the listed qualifications are encouraged to apply. The provided description and job level are intended to set expectations, but each candidate is evaluated with specific qualifications in mind and, often, alternative opportunities are be made available.”
Responsibilities / Job Duties:
- Job includes management of microservices : design, deployment, configuration scripts, and supporting documentation.
- Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable.
- Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Review code and provide feedback relative to best practices and improving performance.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions as required.
- Implementing the CI/CD pipeline using a git repository for all artifacts/files.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- 5+ year’s experience in software engineering and in Java or other high-level language.
- Experience with synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems.
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems.
- Working experience with REST API back-end services.
- A strong data-driven/fact-based decision maker.
- Comfortable interacting with developers and consumers of message bus design.
- Prefers working in fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with remote engineering teams.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Strong collaboration and listening skills.
- Patient, calm, and respectful work demeanor.
- os: Linux (Amazon OS).
- networking: TCP/IP, subnets, network ACLs, DNS, load balancing.
- noSQL databases Redis, DynamoDB.
- programming languages: Bash, JAVA, Python.
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, Cloud formation.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.