Facts and Figures
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Largest department/school at Purdue University and one of the largest in the nation.
- Highest volume of research among all schools and departments at Purdue.
- Birthplace of the EPICS program, the Birck Nanotechnology Center, and ECN.
- Faculty include 34 IEEE Fellows, four members of the National Academy of Engineering (NAE), one NAE Gordon Prize winner, and a past President of the IEEE.
- The school attracts more than 2,200 applicants to its graduate program annually.
- The first electronic television was made in ECE.
- Former Head of ECE, Reginald Fessenden, invented radio telephony.