Associate Solar Engineer - 11/06/2018
November 6, 2018
Clean Energy Associates – Job Description
Associate Solar Engineer
Founded in 2008, Clean Energy Associates is a global solar PV quality assurance, factory audit, supply chain management and engineering services firm. Our mission is to help our clients and partners deploy quality solar energy solutions worldwide. With 60+ multinational professionals based in 10 different countries, we serve the needs of project developers, IPPs, EPCs, financial institutions, installers, and other downstream partners that value supply chain transparency and quality solutions in the solar energy field. Led by a management team with combined 100+ years of solar PV business experience and supported by 35+ engineers, we help mitigate risk and solve a broad array of clients’ downstream needs for higher system performance and profitability. The CEA team has accumulated vast amounts of upstream and downstream experience through the completion of 16+ GW of PV projects in 30 countries worldwide.
With a multicultural team and a strong track record since 2008, CEA is committed to support clients’ needs locally and ensure timely project execution of quality assurance, supply chain management, and engineering needs globally with both integrity and professionalism.
For more information, please see our website at: www.cleanenergyassociates.com
The Associate Solar Engineer will be responsible for executing engineering services’ projects such as: independent/owner’s engineering reviews, on-site inspections, commissioning verifications, punch list generation, troubleshooting, drawings and design review, factory inspection, technical due diligence, mitigation plan development, etc., on time, within budget, and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety regulatory, and environmental requirements to meet or exceed client’s expectations. The candidate will also be involved in SOW development, proposal preparation and reports delivery to our clients (project developers, EPCs, independent power producers, lenders, investors, financial institutions). The candidate will actively support business opportunities to grow clients into new service areas, support in new business through lead generation, and contribute to other project teams as needed. This opportunity has a strong project management component and candidates will be managing several small and large projects simultaneously. The candidate should also be able to resolve conflicts, communicate effectively with clients, be comfortable working in a small group environment, and willing to put in extra effort to coordinate activities across global time zones.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Execute engineering services projects managing budget, time and resources to produce high quality reports/deliverables. Examples of services are independent engineering report, technical due diligence, commissioning reports, commissioning tests, onsite inspections/audits, performance assessment, energy modeling, PVsyst reports, bankability reports, technology reviews, engineering and design, warranty claims support…
- Development of technical specifications, proposals, and scopes of work
- Overall project management and technical support
- Support business development activities
- Undertaking inspection of PV manufacturing facilities (Modules, inverters, trackers)
- Write and review technical reports and proposals
- Consistently communicate with clients in a professional manner
- Manage downstream quality assurance and customer satisfaction
- Site visits and inspection of Solar PV plants
- Review 3rd party Independent Engineering reports
- Interfacing with clients to discuss results and risk mitigation
The candidate will report directly to Engineering Services Director.
- Engineering degree (Electrical preferable). Familiar with EU electrical and building codes.
- At least 2 year of work experience in solar PV industry working for a technical advisory firm.
- Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) mindset
- Safety training desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Other languages are a plus
- Ability to write technical reports in English and proficient in MS Office
- Ability to perform detail-oriented, critical reviews of technical documentation
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervision
- Experience of developing proposals for work, including budgets and scopes of work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Occasional work outdoors in harsh conditions including but not limited to desert areas, long hours standing, climbing stairs and ladders
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to; steel toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective jacket or apron and arm guards).
Travel: Up to 30% (of the year) internationally
Compensation: CEA offers competitive salaries, bonus programs and benefits, as well as the opportunity for career progression and professional development.
Contact: Please submit your resume and cover letter to Brian Lynch at firstname.lastname@example.org