Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Purdue University, 2001
M.S., Purdue University, 1997
B.S., University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana, 1987
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques for material characterization
- Asset Management (pavements, bridges, safety, congestion)
- Construction project management (contracting approaches, overrun of cost and time)
- Costs analysis of engineering systems (highways, transit)
- Policy analysis
- Project and program evaluation
- Transportation Finance (traditional and innovative mechanisms)
- Transportation Law (assessment and risk mitigation of tort liability)
Selected Research Projects
- Indiana DOT/FHWA through Joint Transportation Research Program. Development of Bridge Management System for Indiana, 2005-2007, Co-PI.
- Indiana DOT/FHWA through Joint Transportation Research Program. Influence of Speed on Highway Safety, 2005-2007, Co-PI.
- NCHRP, National Research Council. Multiple Objective Optimization for Bridge Management Systems, 2004-2006, Co-PI.