Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Stanford University, 2003
M.S., Stanford University, 1997
B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995
Environmental fluid mechanics, turbulence and mixing in natural water bodies, Lake Michigan circulation, internal waves, surface water waves, density-stratified flows, laboratory and field techniques in fluid mechanics including particle image velocimetry (PIV) and planar laser-induced fluorescence (PLIF).
- Coulter, D. and M.S. Sepúlveda, C.D. Troy, T.O. Höök. (2014). Thermal habitat quality of aquatic organisms near power plant discharges: potential exacerbating effects of climate warming. Fisheries Ecology and Management. 21: 196-210.
- Essig, R., C. Troy, B.K. Jesiek, J. Boyd, and N. Trellinger. (2014). "Adventures in Paragraph Writing: The Development and Refinement of Scalable and Effective Writing Exercises for Large-enrollment Engineering Courses." Proceedings of the 2014 ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Indianapolis, IN, June 15-18, 2014.
- Ahmed, S., C.D. Troy, and N. Hawley. (2013). Spatial structure of internal Poincaré waves in Lake Michigan. Environmental Fluid Mechanics, 1-21.
- Choi, J. M., C. D. Troy, T.-C. Hsieh, N. Hawley, and M. J. McCormick (2012). A Year of Internal Poincaré Waves in Southern Lake Michigan. Journal of Geophysical Reseasrch, doi:10.1029/2012JC007984.
- Troy, C.D., Ahmed, S., Hawley, N., and A. Goodwell . (2012) "Cross-shelf thermal structure in Lake Michigan during the stratified periods," Journal of Geophysical Research, VOL. 117, C02028, 16 PP., 2012
- Hult, E.L., C.D. Troy, and J.R. Koseff (2011) "The mixing efficiency of interfacial waves breaking at a ridge. Part I: Overall mixing efficiency." Journal of Geophysical Research, Journal of Geophysical Research, VOL. 116, C02003, doi:10.1029/2010JC006485.
- Hult, E.L., C.D. Troy, and J.R. Koseff (2011) "The mixing efficiency of interfacial waves breaking at a ridge. Part II: Local Energetics." Journal of Geophysical Research, VOL. 116, C02004, doi:10.1029/2010JC006488.