Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4123 / BOWN 1025
Ph.D., Lehigh University, 2001
M.S., University of Oklahoma, 1996
B.S., Indian Institute of Technology, 1994
Seismic and Fire Behavior, Analysis, and Design of Steel-concrete composite structures. Repair and retrofit of deterioration and damaged infrastructure.
Selected Research Projects
- July 2006-July 2009, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Realistic Fire Behavior and Stability of Steel Building Structures and Sub-system, Varma.
- May 2006-May 2007, Bechtel Power Corporation, Behavior and Design of Modular Steel Plated Composite Walls for Nuclear Facilities, Varma.
- January 2006 - April 2008, Evaluation and Verification of Bridge LRFD Design Software, Indiana Department of Transportation.
- January 2006 - April 2007, Synthesis Study: Heat Treatment of Steel and Applications for Rehabilitating Steel Brdiges in Indiana, Indiana Department of Transportation.
- August 2005 - December 2005, Analysis of Modular Composite Sandwich Panel Walls for Nuclear Facilities, Bechtel Nuclear Power Corporation.
- January 2004 - July 2006, A Laboratory Evaluation of Alignment Tolerances For Dowel Bars and Their Effect on Joint Opening Behavior, Michigan Department of Transportation, Co-Principal.
For Complete List...