Professor of Civil Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., Wuhan Technical University of Surveying & Mapping, 1989
M.S., Zhengzhou Institute of Surveying & Mapping, 1985
B.S., Zhengzhou Institute of Surveying & Mapping, 1982
Space mapping, GIS imagery integration, feature extraction, and spatial data mining.
Selected Research Projects
- 2005, U.S Geological Survey, "Antarctic Topographic Feature Extraction and its Assessment from Laser Ranging Data", PI: J. Shan.
- 2005, Purdue Research Foundation, "Multiple Tier and Multiple Resolution Spatial Database for Internet Geographic Information Systems", PI: J. Shan.
- 2005, National Imagery and Mapping Agency, "Photogrammetric Principle for Lenticular Autostereoscopic Display", PI: J. Shan
- 2004, JTRP, "Non-Destructive Estimation of Pavement Thickness, Structure Number, and Subgrade Resilience along INDOT Highways", PI: J. Shan.
- 2003, JTRP, "Modern Technologies for Design Data Collection", PI: B. van Gelder, Co-PI: J. Shan.
- 2001, NASA, "MOLA-Supported Precision Geospatial Processing of MOC Images: Models, Algorithms and Evaluation", PI: J. Shan.