Professor of Civil Engineering and NEEScomm Center Director
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4125 / BOWN 1036
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 1983
M.S., University of Texas at El Paso, 1978
B.S., Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, 1977
Structural analysis and design, reinforced concrete structures, structural models and experimental methods, prestressed concrete structures, and design codes for structural concrete.
Selected Research Projects
- July 2005 - August 2007, Innovative Bridge Construction Program Implementation of Full-Depth Bridge Deck Panels in Indiana, FHWA, Co-PI: R. Frosch
- January 2005 - December 2006, Size Effect Verification Tests, Portland Cement Association.
- August 2004 - July 2006, Experimental Evaluation and Implementation of Post-Tensioning in Concrete Bridge Decks, FHWA and INDOT.
- November - December 2004, Post-Disaster Building Evaluation, State Emergency Management Agency (Indiana).
- September 2003 - August 2005, Collaborative Research: Demonstration of NEES for Studying Soil-Foundation-Structure Interaction, National Science Foundations, In collaboration with Purdue Univ., U. of Washington, UT, Ausut, U. Nevada, Reno, UC, Berkeley, and San Jose State Univ.
- August 2003 - July 2005, Deck Replacement - Use of Extra-Coating Thickness Bars, FHWA.