Professor of Civil Engineering and NEEScomm Center Director
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4125 / BOWN 1036
Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin, 1983
M.S., University of Texas at El Paso, 1978
B.S., Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, 1977
Structural analysis and design, reinforced concrete structures, structural models and experimental methods, prestressed concrete structures, and design codes for structural concrete.
- Huo, H., Bobet, A., Fernandez, G., and Ramirez, J.A., (in press-accepted for publication) "Load Transfer Mechanisms between Underground Structure and Surrounding Ground: Evaluation of the Failure of the Daikai Station," ASCE Journal of Geotechnical Engineering.
- Smith, J.P., Ramirez, J.A., and Poston, R.W., (in press-accepted for publication)"Distribution of Compressive Stresses in Transversely Post-tensioned Concrete Bridge Decks," ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering.
- Pujol, S., Sozen, M. A., and Ramirez. J. A., (2006) "On the Effects of the Quindio Earthquake," EERI Spectra, (in press-accepted for publication).
- Pujol, S., Sozen, M. A., and Ramirez. J. A., (2006) "Displacement History Effects on Drift Capacity of Reinforced Concrete Columns," ACI Structural Journal, 103(2), 253-262.
- Bobet, A., Ramirez, J.A., and Parra-Montesinos, G., (2006) "Performance of the Daikai Subway Station during the Great Hanshin Earthquake," ACI Structural Journal, 103(1), 113-122.
- Ramirez, J.A., Olek, J. and Malone, B., (2004) "Shear Strength of Lightweight Reinforced Concrete Beams," American Concrete Institute, Special Publication: High-Performance Structural Lightweight Concrete, SP-218,69-90.