Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 1986
MS., University of Toronto, 1981
BS., University of Toronto, 1980
Experimental fluid mechanics computational fluid mechanics, turbulent flows, sediment, transport, environmental fluid mechanics.
- Lyn, D. A. and E. R. Blatchley III (2005). "CFD-based models of ultraviolet disinfection channels", ASCE J. Environmental Engineering, vol. 131, no. 6, June, 2005, pp. 838-849
- Lyn, D. A. (2004). "Steady and unsteady simulations of turbulent flow and transport in ultraviolet disinfection channels", ASCE J. Hydraulic Engineering, 130, no. 8, August, pp. 762-770.
- Lyn, D. A. and Altinakar, M. (2002). "The St-Venant-Exner equations for near-critical and trans-critical flows", ASCE J. Hydraulic Engineering, 128, no. 6, pp. 579-587.
- Lyn, D. A. (2000). "Regression residuals and mean profiles in uniform open-channel flows", ASCE J. Hydraulic Engineering, 126, no. 1, pp. 24-32.
- Chiu, K. P., Lyn, D. A., Savoye, P., and Blatchley III, E. R. (1999). "Effect of UV system modifications on disinfection performance", ASCE J. Environmental Engineering, 125, no. 5, pp. 459-469.
- Keskar, J. and Lyn, D. A. (1999). "Computations of laminar incompressible backward-facing step flow at Re = 800 with a spectral domain decomposition method", International J. for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 29 (4), Feb. 28, pp. 411-427.