Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and Associate Director of Bowen Laboratory
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
HAMP 4121 / BOWN 1030
Ph.D., University of California at Berkeley, 2000
MS., University of California at Berkeley, 1996
BAE., Pennsylvania State University, 1995
Steel structures, cyclic behavior of beam-to-column connections, earthquake engineering, performance-based design.
- Lombardi, N.J.*, and Liu, J. (2010) "Steel Hexagonal Honeycomb Core Equivalent Elastic Moduli for Bridge Deck Sandwich Panels," ASCE Journal of Aerospace Engineering, January 2010.
- Machado, M.*, Liu, J. and Sotelino, ED. (2008) "Modeling Technique for Honeycomb FRP Deck Bridges via Finite Elements," ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering Special Issue dedicated to the 17th Analysis and Computation Conference, April 2008, Vo. 134, Issue 4, pp. 572-580.
- Akinci, N.O.*, Liu, J. and Bowman, M.D. (2008) "Parapet Strength and Contribution to Live Load Response for Superload Passages," ASCE Journal of Bridge Engineering, January/February 2008, Vol. 13, Issue 1, pp. 55-63.
- Gauthier, J.F.*, Whalen, T.M., and Liu, J. (2007) “Experimental Validation of the Higher Order Derivative Discontinuity Method for Damage Detection,” accepted for publication in Structural Control and Health Monitoring, January 2007.
- Liu, J. and Karbhari, V.M. (2007) “Performance and Design of Fibre-Reinforced Polymer Composites at Cold Temperatures – Current Status and Future Needs,” International Journal of Materials & Product Technology, Vol. 28, No. 1/2, pp. 1-7.
- Wood, S.M., Akinci, N.O., Liu, J. and Bowman, M.D. (2006) “Analysis and Instrumentation of a Steel Bridge for Investigating the Effects of Superloads,” Transportation Research Record, 06-1903, No. 1976, pp. 95-103.