Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 1983
M.S.C.E., University of Wisconsin, 1972
B.S.C.E., University of Wisconsin, 1971
Land surveying, land information systems, engineering and geodetic surveying, data adjustment, photogrammetry/remote sensing.
Selected Research Projects
- 8/01, 7/03, JTRP, "Modern Technologies for Design Data Collection", PI: B.H.W. van Gelder, Co Pis: S. Johnson, J. Bethel, J. Shan, B. McCullouch.
- 10/98, 3/99, Southern Energy Services, "Design and Analysis of Deformation Survey", PI: S. Johnson.
- 6/01, 8/01, Wisconsin Department Of Transportation, "Aerotriangulation Software Development-GPS Camera Station Observations", PI: S. Johnson.
- 9/97, 8/98, Purdue Research Foundation, "Sampling the Sparse Surface Model", PIs: S. Johnson, J. Elithorp.
- 9/96, 5/97, Wisconsin Department of Transportation, "Aerotriangulation Software Enhancement and Modernization", PIs: S. Johnson, B. v Gelder.
- 9/93, 8/94, Purdue Joint Highway Research Program, "Use of GPS to Enhance Mapping by Photogrammetry", PIs: J. Bethel, S. Johnson, B. v Gelder.