Associate Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, 1983
M.S.C.E., University of Wisconsin, 1972
B.S.C.E., University of Wisconsin, 1971
Land surveying, land information systems, engineering and geodetic surveying, data adjustment, photogrammetry/remote sensing.
- Johnson, S. D., "Land Surveying and Geomatics Engineering at Purdue University," Surveying and Land Information
Systems, Vol. 62, No. 1, ACSM, March 2002, pp. 55-56.
- Johnson, S. D., "Engineering-based Education in Surveying and Mapping at Purdue University," Surveying and Land
Information Systems, Vol. 53, No. 4, ACSM, December 1993, pp. 214-217.
- Fitch, M. G., Weyers, R. E., and Johnson, S. D., "Determination of the End of Functional Service Life for Concrete
Bridge Decks," Transportation Research Record 1490, Transportation Research Board, National Academy Press,
Washington, DC, 1995, pp. 60-66.
- Johnson, S. D. and Crawford, W. G., "Plane Surveying" chapter in The Civil Engineering Handbook, W. Chen editor,
CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1995, pp. 1858-1899.
- Johnson, S. D., "Elevation" section in "The Engineering Handbook", Richard C. Dorf editor, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL,
1996, pp. 1545-1555. Updated for second edition, 2003.