Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., University of Iowa, 1985
M.S., University of Iowa, 1982
B.S., Iowa State University, 1979
Environmental chemistry, water quality modeling, environmental remediation.
- Hyun, S., Jafvert, C.T., Jenkinson, B., Enfield, C., Johnson, B. "Measuring the flux at the interface of coal-tar impacted sediment and river water near a former MGP site," accepted with for publication in Chemosphere, 2007.
- Rochon, Gilbert L., Loring F. Nies, Chad T. Jafvert, Julie A. Stuart, Rabi H. Mohtar, Joseph Quansah, and Akilah Martin, "Education in Sustainable Production in U.S. Universities", Clean Technol. Environ. Policy, 2006 (in press).
- Ahn, Mi.-Youn., Timothy R. Filley, Chad T. Jafvert, Loring Nies, and Inez Hua, "Birnessite Mediated Debromination of Decabromodiphenyl Ether," Chemosphere, 64:1801-1807, 2006.
- Hyun, S., Jafvert, C. T., Lee, L.S., and Rao, P.S.C., "Laboratory Studies to Characterize the Efficacy of a Sand Cap Placed over Tar-Contaminated Sediment,”"Chemosphere, 63:1621-1631, 2006.
- Ahn, Mi.-Youn., Timothy R. Filley, Chad T. Jafvert, Loring Nies, Inez Hua, and Juan Bezares-Cruz, “Photodegradation of Decabromodiphenyl Ether Adsorbed onto Clay Minerals, Oxides, and Sediment,” Environ. Sci. Technology, 40, 215-220, 2006.
- Jafvert, C. T., Lane, D., Lee, L.S., and Rao, P.S.C. "Partitioning of Mono- and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in River Sediment Adjacent to a Former Manufactured Gas Plant Site", Chemosphere, 62:314-321, 2006.
For complete list in PDF form . . .