Professor of Civil Engineering and Environmental and Ecological Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Office: HAMP 3145D
Phone: (765) 494-2196
Personal Web Site
Environmental chemistry, water quality modeling, environmental remediation.
Ph.D., University of Iowa, 1985
M.S., University of Iowa, 1982
B.S., Iowa State University, 1979
Honors & Awards
National Research Council Associateship Award, for postdoctoral study at the U.S. EPA Research Laboratory, Athens, GA, 1985
U.S. EPA Scientific and Technological Achievement Award, Honorable Mention in 1992 for authorship of the paper entitled, Distribution of Hydrophobic Ionogenic Organic Compounds Between Octanol and Water: Organic Acids.
U.S. EPA Sustained Superior Performance Award, 1989, 1991
- Hyun, S., Jafvert, C.T., Jenkinson, B., Enfield, C., Johnson, B. "Measuring the flux at the interface of coal-tar impacted sediment and river water near a former MGP site," accepted with for publication in Chemosphere, 2007.
- Rochon, Gilbert L., Loring F. Nies, Chad T. Jafvert, Julie A. Stuart, Rabi H. Mohtar, Joseph Quansah, and Akilah Martin, "Education in Sustainable Production in U.S. Universities", Clean Technol. Environ. Policy, 2006 (in press).
- Ahn, Mi.-Youn., Timothy R. Filley, Chad T. Jafvert, Loring Nies, and Inez Hua, "Birnessite Mediated Debromination of Decabromodiphenyl Ether," Chemosphere, 64:1801-1807, 2006.
- Hyun, S., Jafvert, C. T., Lee, L.S., and Rao, P.S.C., "Laboratory Studies to Characterize the Efficacy of a Sand Cap Placed over Tar-Contaminated Sediment,”"Chemosphere, 63:1621-1631, 2006.
- Ahn, Mi.-Youn., Timothy R. Filley, Chad T. Jafvert, Loring Nies, Inez Hua, and Juan Bezares-Cruz, “Photodegradation of Decabromodiphenyl Ether Adsorbed onto Clay Minerals, Oxides, and Sediment,” Environ. Sci. Technology, 40, 215-220, 2006.
- Jafvert, C. T., Lane, D., Lee, L.S., and Rao, P.S.C. "Partitioning of Mono- and Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in River Sediment Adjacent to a Former Manufactured Gas Plant Site", Chemosphere, 62:314-321, 2006.
For complete list in PDF form . . .