Professor of Civil Engineering
Lyles School of Civil Engineering
550 Stadium Mall Drive
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Ph.D., North Carolina State University, 1994
M.S.C.E., North Carolina State University, 1992
B.S.C.E., North Carolina State University, 1988
Virtual Reality Applications for Construction Planning and Management; Construction Automation and Robotics; Highway Construction Methods; Advanced Technology Applications for Construction Equipment; Constructability Maintainability.
- Dunston, P. S. and Wang, Xiangyu (2005). "Mixed Reality-Based Visualization Interfaces for the AEC Industry." Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE, to appear in December. ASCE.
- Wang, Xiangyu, and Dunston, P. S. (accepted May 2005). "Human Factor Issues in Augmented Reality System for AEC: An Experimental Prototype Study," to Automation in Construction, Elsevier.
- Dunston, P. S., Gambatese, John A., McManus, James F. (2005). "Assessing State Transportation Agency Constructability Implementation," Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE.
- Shin, Do Hyoung, Dunston, P. S., and Wang, Xiangyu (2005). "View Changes in Mixed Reality-based Collaborative Virtual Environments," ACM Journal Transactions on Applied Perception, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), Vol. 2, No. 14.
- Jonasson, Snaebjorn, Dunston, P. S., Ahmed, Kamal, and Hamilton, Jeff. (2002). "Factors in Productivity and Unit Cost for Advanced Machine Guidance," Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, ASCE.
- Swett, Geoffrey D., Stanton, John F. and Dunston, P. S. (2000). "Methods for Controlling Stresses and Distortions in Stage Constructed Steel Bridges," in Transportation Research Record 1712, Transportation Research Board of the National Research Council.